UP - Middle Fork Vermilion River Bridge
Photo taken by Jacob P. Bernard in January 2011
BH Photo #191665
This was originally a double tracked double girder bridge. There is still a trail on the east side of the remaining tracks that lead to the south abutment, which still has a gap from where the other girder was.
There are also some old wooden and concrete abutments beneath one of the 50 foot towers.
- Deck girder bridge over Middle Fork Vermilion River on Union Pacific Railroad west of Armstrong
- Vermilion County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1901
- - Chicago & Eastern Illinois Railroad (CEI)
- Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP; MoPac)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 55.0 ft.
Total length: 515.0 ft.
- Also called
- CEI - Middle Fork Vermilion River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.30693, -87.90924 (decimal degrees)
40°18'25" N, 87°54'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/422735/4462221 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 47510 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 6, 2011: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- January 3, 2011: Added by Jacob P. Bernard