Third Street Bridge
Photo taken by Dale Travis
BH Photo #132261
Originally built in 1898 to serve a railroad in Tennessee, purchased and installed by the city of Delavan in 1907.
- Pony truss bridge over City Park on Third Street in Delavan
- Delavan, Tazewell County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1907 by the Kellogg Bridge Co.
- - Kellogg Bridge Co. of Buffalo, New York
- Double-intersection Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 64.0 ft.
Total length: 79.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 20, 1999
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.37361, -89.54444 (decimal degrees)
40°22'25" N, 89°32'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/283983/4472333 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Delavan South
- Inventory numbers
- IL 090-9912 (Illinois bridge number)
NRHP 99000586 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 15691 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2012)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 79.6 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- April 13, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- April 20, 2016: New photos from Steve Conro
- November 7, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: bridge was relocated from TN
- May 9, 2010: New photos from Robert Stephenson
- July 5, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: changed status