Dillon Road Bridge
Photo taken by Dale Travis
BH Photo #132257
A rare surviving example of a 12-panel pinned Pratt through truss.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Mackinaw River on Dillon Road.
- Tazewell County, Illinois
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement in 2018.
- 12-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
3-panel,riveted Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 253.8 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.1 ft.
- Also called
- Cedar Bluff Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.43799, -89.57470 (decimal degrees)
40°26'17" N, 89°34'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/281623/4479555 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Delavan North
- Land survey
- T. 23 N., R. 4 W., Sec. 17
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 090-3095 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15688 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2013)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 22.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 9, 2021: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added stuff
- July 27, 2018: Updated by Elliott Johnson: changed status to abandoned
- April 20, 2016: New photos from Steve Conro
- May 6, 2014: New photos from Elliott Johnson
- December 17, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- July 4, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: status