Krape Park Demeter Drive Bridge
This pony truss, as of July 2011, is undergoing a transformation to a pedestrian-only bridge.
- Pony truss bridge over Yellow Creek on South Demeter Drive at Krape Park in Freeport
- Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built ca. 1920
- Pin-connected, 5-panel Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 62.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.8 ft.
- Also called
- South Demeter Drive Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.27717, -89.64678 (decimal degrees)
42°16'38" N, 89°38'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/281746/4683943 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Freeport West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 089-6003 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15682 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 19 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 23, 2011: Updated by J.R. Manning: Changed name to better reflect the location and to differentiate this bridge from the two bridges that are actually inside the park.
- May 17, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added GPS.
- October 31, 2007: Posted photo from Doug Vander Wilt
- Doug Vander Wilt - unsearchable [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net