Rock Island Trail Spoon River Bridge
Old rail bridge originally along the Peoria & Rock Island Railway which later became part of the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific. Opened as bike/pedestrian trail in 1990.
The state has done a great job of saving this and updating this old relic.
- Through truss bridge over Spoon River on Rock Island Trail (former Peoria & Rock Island RR) NW of Wyoming
- Stark County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians
- Warren through truss with all verticals
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 450.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.07755, -89.80326 (decimal degrees)
41°04'39" N, 89°48'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/264505/4551153 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 50897 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 5, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added photo's
- September 16, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- May 5, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad", "Rail-to-trail"
- January 11, 2012: Added by Steve Conro