Dupo Bridge Route 3
Photo taken by John Christeson in April 2007
BH Photo #114307
Written by John Christeson
Heading North towards Cahokia on Ill. Route 3. Bridge seemed to be in decent shape.
- Through truss bridge over Praire Du Pont Creek and Union Pacific Railroad on IL 3 in Cahokia
- Dupo, St. Clair County, Illinois
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1954; rehabilitated 1987
- Polygonal Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 230.0 ft.
Total length: 902.9 ft.
Deck width: 51.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.54727, -90.19468 (decimal degrees)
38°32'50" N, 90°11'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/744479/4270269 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 082-0030 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15676 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 10, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge has been demolished and replaced.
- February 24, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- August 7, 2011: New photos from Kim Harvey
- July 22, 2011: Updated by Kim Harvey: closure date pushed back 2 weeks according to IDOT Press Release
- July 7, 2011: Updated by Kim Harvey: IDOT announced date when bridge will be closed
- July 4, 2009: Updated by Kim Harvey: Future Prospects
- April 11, 2009: Updated by Kim Harvey: corrected creek name, added future prospect
- October 15, 2008: Updated by Kim Harvey
- September 16, 2008: New photos from Kim Harvey
- July 4, 2008: Updated by Kim Harvey
- May 18, 2008: Essay added by John Christeson