Bolivia Road Bridge
Photo taken by Dale Travis
BH Photo #152775
Unusually elaborate portal decorations. The pony truss approach span has had two bents added under the two joints. It appears the truss is no longer carrying any load. This bridge has made the "Top Ten Most Endangered Structures of Illinois" list
- Through truss bridge over Sangamon River on Bolivia Road (TR 518)
- Sangamon County, Illinois, and Christian County, Illinois
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement with a slab of concrete.
- Built 1901
- Pin-connected Parker through truss main span.
Single pin-connected Half-hip Pratt pony approach span.
19 additional stringer approach spans on the north.
Single stringer approach span on the south.
Length of largest span: 180.0 ft.
Total length: 621.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 28, 2004
- Also called
- Lanesville Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.76751, -89.34545 (decimal degrees)
39°46'03" N, 89°20'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/299105/4404584 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mount Auburn
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 084-3214 (Illinois bridge number)
NRHP 03001464 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 15644 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 26.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 23, 2018: New photos from Dino Strunk
- March 22, 2015: New photo from Elliott Johnson
- March 19, 2015: Updated by Elliott Johnson: bridge closed following vehicle damage
- July 6, 2012: Updated by Fmiser: Updated types, added description.
- June 28, 2012: New photos from Fmiser
- March 15, 2011: New Street View added by K. A. Erickson
- March 15, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- April 18, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated bridge type.
- April 17, 2010: New photos from Robert Stephenson
- March 14, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Street view