Cascade Road Bridge
Photo taken by Dale Travis
BH Photo #152778
The construction style strongly suggests this bridge was built before 1954, but I failed to find any data about where it may have come from.
- Through truss bridge over South Fork Sangamon River on TR 428, 2.5 mi. east of N City
- Sangamon County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built or relocated here in 1954
- Pin-connected, 8-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 231.9 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 20.5 ft.
- Also called
- TR 428 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.67167, -89.49278 (decimal degrees)
39°40'18" N, 89°29'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/286188/4394286 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 084-3187 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15652 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 43.2 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- July 10, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- July 3, 2012: Updated by Fmiser: Added approach type
- June 28, 2012: New photos from Fmiser
- March 14, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Street view
- March 2, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Added design