IAIS Rock River Bridge (N)
This bridge used to be the railroad bridge leading to the Rock Island Arsenal from Rock Island, crossing Sylvan Slough until the current bridge across sylvan slough was built. At that point the bridge was relocated to it's present location.
- Quadrangular Through Truss Bridge over Rock River on Iowa Interstate Railroad
- Milan, Rock Island County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1894; relocated here in 1924
- - Lassig Bridge & Iron Works of Chicago, Illinois
- 3 span Quadrangular lattice through truss
Length of largest span: 155.0 ft.
Total length: 470.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.46022, -90.58004 (decimal degrees)
41°27'37" N, 90°34'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/702107/4592675 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 49015 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 22, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "Pedimented portal bracing"
- December 28, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added build date
- October 22, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- March 12, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added build date
- July 25, 2011: New photo from Luke Harden
- July 16, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: added historical information
- July 3, 2011: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- July 1, 2011: Added by Luke Harden