Bridge of the Lions
Crystal Lake and this bridge were built at the same time. It quickly became nothing more than a swampy breeding ground for mosquitoes and was thusly drained in 1901.
- Stone arch bridge over Drained Crystal Lake on Lake Avenue
- Rock Island, Rock Island County, Illinois
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1881
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 25.6 ft.
Total length: 78.1 ft.
Deck width: 19.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Crystal Lake Bridge
Bridge to Nowhere
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.52083, -90.54444 (decimal degrees)
41°31'15" N, 90°32'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/704889/4599488 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Davenport East
- Inventory number
- BH 47637 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2008)
- Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 34.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- March 13, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected build date, added road name, added lake name
- February 24, 2011: New photo from Nathan Holth
- January 11, 2011: Added by J.P.