Photo taken by Bill Burmaster
BH Photo #102469
Weight limit reduced to 28 tons for now. Will be raised back to 40 tons when issues found in the last inspections are repaired
- Vertical-lift through truss bridge over the Illinois River on IL 100/IL 106 (Old US 36) in Florence
- Florence, Pike County, Illinois, and Scott County, Illinois
- Open to traffic with temporary weight restriction
- Future prospects
- To be repaired and reopened, they are still planning on replacing the bridge in the next ten years. The repairs are being done for the locals don't have to drive so far and also for they don't have to wait for the new bridge to be built.
- Built 1929; rehabilitated 1981; closed June 28, 2012, Weight limit reduced in the last month due to structural issues
- Vertical lift Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 216.8 ft.
Total length: 3,177.3 ft. (0.6 mi.)
Deck width: 23.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.63265, -90.60783 (decimal degrees)
39°37'58" N, 90°36'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/705296/4389720 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 086-0001 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15600 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 7.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- July 16, 2017: Updated by Jeremy Ruble: Update history and additional info
- September 19, 2016: New photos from David Huffman
- January 27, 2016: New Street View added by James Baughn
- December 10, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- September 21, 2014: New photos from Calvin K Lunny
- July 28, 2014: Updated by Ralph Demars: Fixed Location
- July 27, 2014: Updated by Jeremy Ruble: Change name to the actual name when built.
- April 20, 2013: Updated by Jeremy Ruble: Bridge has been reopened
- February 7, 2013: Updated by Jeremy Ruble: Added category "Doomed" bridge is still going to be replaced.
- August 25, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Removed "doomed"
- August 3, 2012: New photo from Jeremy Ruble
- January 5, 2012: Updated by Jeremy Ruble: Added category "Doomed"
- July 17, 2009: Updated by Jeremy Ruble
- January 9, 2006: Posted photos from Bill Burmaster