Cold Run Creek Bridge
Cold Run Creek #1
Looking north towards Highway 7 to Pittsfield.
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard June 17th, 2016
BH Photo #355652
This has an interesting little "X" truss brace in the span. It has been suggested the builder required an extra panel so this X was used.
- Pony truss bridge over Cold Run Creek on TR 318, 2.75 mi. northwest of Nebo
- Pike County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1960
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals, wood deck.
Length of largest span: 89.8 ft.
Total length: 91.8 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.48117, -90.79086 (decimal degrees)
39°28'52" N, 90°47'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/690000/4372503 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pleasant Hill East
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numers
- IL 075-3136 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15597 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 50.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 24, 2016: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Upload new photos, add type, although this a guess.
- June 23, 2016: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com