UP - Sanitation Road Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #239591
Two track through truss with only one track remaining. Older maps show this as belonging to the TP&W. Build date provided by C&NW bridge records at the Chicago & North Western Railway Historical Society archives
- Through truss bridge over TP&W Ry and Sanitation Rd on Union Pacific Railway in Bartonville
- Bartonville, Peoria County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1913
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Toledo, Peoria, & Western Railroad (TPW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- 5 span through truss
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 655.0 ft.
- Also called
- C&NW Bridge #1709
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.65111, -89.64560 (decimal degrees)
40°39'04" N, 89°38'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/276319/4503394 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Peoria West
- Inventory number
- BH 38217 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 12, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- July 19, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- July 8, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- October 9, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- September 18, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Railroad", "Toledo, Peoria, & Western Railroad", "Union Pacific Railroad"
- September 18, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Skewed", "Chicago & North Western Railway"
- July 5, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated bridge type and GPS.
- November 23, 2008: Added by Kim Harvey