BNSF - Oregon Bridge (West Channel)
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #227495
Information comes from the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Collection located at the Newberry Library, Chicago, Illinois.
- Through truss bridge over Rock River on BNSF Railway in Oregon
- Oregon, Ogle County, Illinois
- Open to railroad traffic
- Built 1904
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Burlington Northern Railroad (BN)
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (CBQ)
- 2 Through truss center spans with deck plate girder approach spans
Length of largest span: 130.0 ft.
Total length: 550.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.00061, -89.32703 (decimal degrees)
42°00'02" N, 89°19'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/307277/4652463 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 37338 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 24, 2022: Updated by John Marvig: added build date
- March 30, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- October 9, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- March 12, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad", "Rock River"
- March 9, 2011: Updated by Frank Hicks: Added GPS
- August 28, 2008: Added by Kim Harvey