IC - Leaf River Tributary Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in October 2014
BH Photo #306219
Bridge was abandoned in 1912 when the Illinois Central built up a fill and relocated to a trestle. Arch has mostly collapsed.
- Abandoned stone arch bridge over Unnamed Trib to Leaf River on Abandoned Illinois Central Railway
- Ogle County, Illinois
- Built 1851, Abandoned 1912
- - Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- Stone arch
Span length: 9.0 ft.
Total length: 9.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.15768, -89.59019 (decimal degrees)
42°09'28" N, 89°35'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/286009/4670530 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Forreston North
- Inventory number
- BH 63831 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 4, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- November 25, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: added build date
- October 26, 2014: Added by Steve Conro