DM&E Industrial Spur IL2 Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in November 2011
Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern industrial spur to Byron Nuclear plant. Former Chicago Great Western RR.
- Steel stringer bridge over IL 2 (E Blackhawk Dr) on Dakota Minn & Eastern RR (former CGW))
- Byron, Ogle County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1935
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 35.1 ft.
Total length: 38.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.12556, -89.25083 (decimal degrees)
42°07'32" N, 89°15'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/313953/4666168 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- IL 071-9904 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 50368 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- November 30, 2011: Added by Steve Conro