DM&E Industrial Spur - Rock River Bridge (Byron)
Photo taken by Steve Conro in November 2011
BH Photo #221206
Originally part of the Chicago Great Western Railroad now left in place and used as a spur to supply Byron Nuclear Power Plant. Length approximate.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Rock River on DM&E RR (former CGW)
- Byron, Ogle County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Original Great Western Railroad bridge. Now Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern.
- - Pittsburgh-Des Moines Steel Co. of Des Moines, Iowa & Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Chicago Great Western Railway (CGW)
- Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad (DME)
- Deck Plate girder on concrete piers
Total length: 780.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.12382, -89.25068 (decimal degrees)
42°07'26" N, 89°15'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/313961/4665975 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49912 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 29, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builder.
- November 30, 2011: New photos from Steve Conro
- October 25, 2011: Added by Steve Conro