BLOL - Mackinaw River Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in January 2020
BH Photo #465296
Hard to see in photo but the whole structure is bowed towards the downstream direction. Heavy debris field and in trees at 6-8' high upstream side.
- Abandoned steel stringer bridge over Mackinaw River on Bloomer Line
- Colfax, McLean County, Illinois
- Built 1923
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Bloomer Line (BLOL)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 30.0 ft.
Total length: 353.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.56577, -88.62300 (decimal degrees)
40°33'57" N, 88°37'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/362608/4491821 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 87930 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 26, 2020: New photos from Steve Conro