Kings Mill Creek P&E trestle
View from road.
Photo taken by Patrick Cooney in April 2015
BH Photo #354479
Timber trestle built by the Big Four Railway, and used by the Peoria and Eastern, Penn Central and Conrail.
Was abandoned in the mid 1980s after the line was truncated at Bloomington when a bridge in Mackinaw was washed out and Conrail opted to use Trackage Rights on the Norfolk Southern line to East Peoria.
- Abandoned Timber stringer bridge over Kings Mill Creek on Conrail ( Formerly Peoria & Eastern )
- Twin Grove, McLean County, Illinois
- Built as part of the Big Four line from Indianapolis to Peoria IL, this section of the Peoria and Eastern was abandoned in the mid 1980s by Conrail after a bridge in Mackinaw was destroyed by flooding.
- - Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis Railway (CCC&StL)
- Conrail (CR)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Peoria & Eastern Railroad (P&E)
- Timber stringer
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.50318, -89.09892 (decimal degrees)
40°30'11" N, 89°05'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/322152/4485724 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Normal West
- Inventory number
- BH 72460 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 7, 2016: Added by Patrick Cooney