County Line Road Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #225109
Bridge is closed and from the looks of it I'm guessing it's doomed.
- Concrete bridge over Kishwaukee River on County Line Road NE of Garden Prairie
- McHenry County, Illinois
- Built 1921
- Concrete through girder
Length of largest span: 46.9 ft.
Total length: 97.1 ft.
Deck width: 16.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.25643, -88.70548 (decimal degrees)
42°15'23" N, 88°42'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/359322/4679656 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Garden Prairie
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 056-3040 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15535 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 20.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 21, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Concrete inset railing"
- May 17, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated bridge type and GPS.