Scott W. Lucas Bridge
View from a distance
Photo taken by Bill Burmaster
Named after Scott W Lucas 1892-1968. IL U.S. Senator and WWI veteran. Buried in a cemetery nearby.
- Cantilevered through truss bridge over the Illinois River on US 136/IL 78/IL 97 at Havana
- Havana, Mason County, Illinois, and Fulton County, Illinois
- Open to two-lane traffic
- Built 1936; rehabilitated 1998
- Cantilevered Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 420.0 ft.
Total length: 1,727.1 ft.
Deck width: 28.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.5 ft.
- Also called
- Havana Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.29428, -90.07005 (decimal degrees)
40°17'39" N, 90°04'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/749040/4464540 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- IL 063-0002 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15515 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 47.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- June 1, 2012: New photo from Fmiser
- April 12, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- November 14, 2008: New photo from Nathan Morton
- January 9, 2006: Posted photos from Bill Burmaster