CSX - Liberty Road Overpass
Photo taken by Kim Harvey in September 2011
BH Photo #215429
7 Gates of Hell Collinsville Illinois SCARY !!!!!!!
We go through the collinsville illinois gates of hell, only a few survive this experience!
video by Quicksilvercaddy
Play video on YouTube
The "Gates of Hell"
Written by Kim Harvey
Locals refer this bridge along with several nearby railroad bridges as "The Gates of Hell". It is frequently referred in various paranormal sites that cater to the St. Louis Metro-East.
More information can be reference to Legend in Lebanon Road.
- Slab bridge over Liberty Road on CSX Transportation east of Collinsville, IL
- Madison County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
Length of largest span: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 24.9 ft.
- Also called
- Gates of Hell (local)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.67730, -89.90928 (decimal degrees)
38°40'38" N, 89°54'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/246915/4284984 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numers
- IL 060-9921 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 36904 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 23, 2016: New Street View added by James Baughn
- March 23, 2015: Updated by Elliott Johnson: Added category "haunted"
- September 29, 2011: New photos from Kim Harvey
- August 27, 2011: Updated by Kim Harvey: fixed road name added description and video
- July 22, 2008: Added by Kim Harvey