CSX - Lockman Road Overpass
Photo taken by Kim Harvey in July 2008
BH Photo #117805
This is one of the seven gates of hell according to local paranormal history.
- Slab bridge over Lockman Road on CSX Transportation east of Collinsville, IL
- Madison County, Illinois
- Open to traffic above and below
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
Length of largest span: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 23.0 ft.
- Also called
- Gate of Hell (local legend)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.67207, -89.93793 (decimal degrees)
38°40'19" N, 89°56'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/244404/4284483 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 060-9925 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 36906 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- June 23, 2016: New Street View added by James Baughn
- March 23, 2015: Updated by Elliott Johnson: Added category "haunted"
- September 29, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: Its an underpass, NOT a tunnel
- September 29, 2011: New photos from Kim Harvey
- August 27, 2011: Updated by Kim Harvey: minor update to road name.
- July 22, 2008: Added by Kim Harvey