UP - Windy Hill Road Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2013
BH Photo #249759
Original structure 1891 but the two longer deck plate approaches are from 1913 with the two shorter girder approaches even newer. Remains of early timber approaches where these two newer girders are now.
American Bridge Co. approach spans
- Lattice deck truss bridge over Windy Hill Road on former C&NW Railroad
- Macoupin County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1891
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Lattice deck truss
Length of largest span: 71.9 ft.
Total length: 200.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.01301, -89.80346 (decimal degrees)
39°00'47" N, 89°48'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/257267/4321960 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Gillespie South
- Inventory numbers
- IL 059-9911 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 50504 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 20, 2016: New photos from David Huffman
- August 22, 2013: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Union Pacific Railroad"
- March 4, 2013: Updated by Steve Conro: New pics
- December 12, 2011: Added by James Baughn