UP - Cahokia Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2020
BH Photo #481808
1891 build date is a guess. Likely big brother to the Windy Hill Road a less than 2 miles south. Same Design.
- Lattice deck truss bridge over Cahokia Creek on UPRR (Former C&NW)
- Macoupin County, Illinois
- Built 1891
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Lattice deck truss with deck plate approaches
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 560.0 ft.
- Also called
- CNW - Cahokia Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.03545, -89.80458 (decimal degrees)
39°02'08" N, 89°48'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/257247/4324453 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Gillespie South
- Inventory number
- BH 55706 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 19, 2020: New photo from Steve Conro
- March 4, 2013: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Chicago & North Western Railway"