Shearless Branch - Benstead Rd Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in May 2016
BH Photo #353591
Incorrectly labeled as a steel stringer on the NBI, luckily enough there is also street view out here.
- Pony truss bridge over Shearless Branch on Benstead Road (TR 480)
- Macoupin County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1900
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 16.7 ft.
Total length: 51.5 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.41247, -89.76537 (decimal degrees)
39°24'45" N, 89°45'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/261920/4366199 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 11 N., R. 6 W., Sec. 9
- Inventory number
- BH 69489 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 20.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- May 17, 2016: New photos from Steve Conro
- February 17, 2016: New Street View added by James Baughn
- October 1, 2015: Added by Elliott Johnson
- Elliott Johnson - elliottsgon15 [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com