Old Route 66 Shearless Branch Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in August 2013
BH Photo #265138
Although this is a new bridge its on the original 1926-1930 alignment of Rte 66. At least some effort was made to make the design "feel" like the period.
- Culvert bridge over Shearles Br Tributry on Old IL 4 (former Rte 66)
- Macoupin County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 2010
Length of largest span: 10.8 ft.
Total length: 22.0 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Also called
- Cambridge Rd Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.41056, -89.78389 (decimal degrees)
39°24'38" N, 89°47'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/260318/4366036 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Virden South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 059-2502 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 57791 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2012)
- Overall condition: Good
Sufficiency rating: 100 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 28, 2013: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "us 66"