Herald and Review: August 21 2000
BH Photo #442092
Built with wooden approaches in 1881. Replaced wooden approaches in 1897 with steel.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Sangamon River
- Decatur, Macon County, Illinois
- Built 1881
- - King Iron Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio [also known as King Bridge Co.]
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 215.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.82583, -88.94444 (decimal degrees)
39°49'33" N, 88°56'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/333596/4410235 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84100 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 6, 2019: Updated by Art Suckewer: Added span length
- October 5, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- January 10, 2019: Added by Melissa Brand-Welch