BNSF - IL17 Overpass
Approaching structure from west
GS in May 2016
BH Photo #352992
Single span multiple stringer/I-beam construction. Partially rebuilt about 2014 with shorter height beams to increase vertical clearance on west half of structure. No beams replaced on east half. "Sacrificial" steel box beam installed in front of west fascia beam to protect against high load damages.
There is a pump house located at the northwest corner of the structure to pump out water that accumulates on the roadway during periods of heavy rain. It is not unusual for the roadway to be impassable during heavy rains.
- Steel stringer bridge over Illinois Rt 17 on BNSG Railroad
- Livingston County, Illinois
- Built 1939; Partially rebuilt about 2014 to increase vertical clearance
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 34.1 ft.
Total length: 39.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.06100, -88.85864 (decimal degrees)
41°03'40" N, 88°51'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/343825/4547192 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 053-9902 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 72110 (Bridgehunter.com ID)