Wabash Railroad Bridge #1255
Originally a two-track span, with one track leading south toward Co. Rd. 700N, where the railroad served an agricultural concern.
- Deck plate girder bridge over S. Fork Vermillion River on Wabash, later N&W, later NS Railway
- Forrest, Livingston County, Illinois
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Village of Forrest owns 1.2 miles of ex-Wabash/Norfolk Southern right-of-way from US Hwy. 24 south to Co. Rd. 700N. Their ownership includes this particular bridge.
- Original 159' pile trestle bridge at this location built 1879; rebuilt 1929 with this bridge
- Deck plate girder bridge on concrete piers & abutments
Length of largest span: 31.0 ft.
Total length: 124.2 ft.
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge #1255
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.73711, -88.40086 (decimal degrees)
40°44'14" N, 88°24'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/381717/4510517 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Forrest South
- Inventory number
- BH 64792 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 16, 2014: Added by James Holzmeier