I&M Canal Trail - Fox River Bridge
Looking Northeast, South Side Of Plate Girder Bridge Which Carried The Interurban Line Across The Fox River. Note The Steel-Frame Supports For The Catenary
Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #329348
The HAER-given build date is 27 years off.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Fox River on I&M Canal Trail (Nee Chicago & Illiinois Valley Railway)
- Ottawa, LaSalle County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1930; Abandoned 1934, Converted to trail?
- - Chicago & Illinois Valley Railway (C&IV)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 65.0 ft.
Total length: 480.0 ft.
- Also called
- C&IV - Fox River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.35228, -88.82848 (decimal degrees)
41°21'08" N, 88°49'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/347040/4579477 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 68008 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 14, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- June 26, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- June 13, 2015: Added by Luke