west profile, 1-1982
Gene Smania, 1-82
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #226031
3 span through truss with cantilevered center span, pedestrian walkways on each side outside of truss, named after the city's mayor at the time because of his effort in getting it built--HILLIARD
Cantilever span lowered to barge then moved to shore and cut into pieces, remaining truss spans removed with explosives
- Lost through truss bridge over Illinois River on IL 23/IL 71 at Ottawa
- Ottawa, LaSalle County, Illinois
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1932, replaced 1982
- Through truss with cantilever span
Length of largest span: 500.0 ft.
Total length: 1,075.8 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.34185, -88.84133 (decimal degrees)
41°20'31" N, 88°50'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/345940/4578342 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
replaced by 050-0180
BH 51456 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 4, 2015: Updated by Gene Smania: photos ca 1972, plan sheet, bridge description sheet
- March 27, 2012: New photo from Mike Roegner
- March 3, 2012: New photos from Gene Smania
- February 26, 2012: Added by Gene Smania