Abandoned 2803rd Road Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in October 2011
BH Photo #223997
Abandoned bridge and piers from original alignment of 2803rd road. I contacted the local highway dept to inquire of the age or date it was abandoned and no one could recall. The south approach would have also crossed the I&M Canal and 5-6 piers still remain. One pier sits right along the I&M Canal Trail.
- Abandoned pony/through plate girder bridge over CSX RR (former Rock Island RR) on Abandoned alignment of 2803rd Rd
- LaSalle County, Illinois
- Abandoned but intact, approach piers remain
- Pony plate girder on concrete piers. The height of the piers suggest the approach would have been quite long.
Total length: 90.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.33210, -88.90537 (decimal degrees)
41°19'56" N, 88°54'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/340558/4577376 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Starved Rock
- Inventory number
- BH 51102 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- January 28, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- January 27, 2012: Added by Steve Conro