CN - Sheridan Road Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #224435
NBI lists length of 122' but that's only the 2 spans over Sheridan Rd. The bridge continues across the old C&NW (now UP) tracks. The old picture from the EJ&E archive site had dates of 1892 & 1903 so part of this may have been built in 1892. The span over the UP tracks has obviously rebuilt sometime as current pics show a larger bridge with newer piers than the old photo.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Sheridan Rd/Union Pacific RR on EJ&E Ry (now CN)
- North Chicago, Lake County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1903
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Elgin, Joliet & Eastern Railway (EJE)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 116.0 ft.
Total length: 240.0 ft.
- Also called
- EJ&E - Sheridan Road Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.32493, -87.83955 (decimal degrees)
42°19'30" N, 87°50'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/430824/4686194 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 44 N., R. 12 E., Sec. 4
- Inventory numbers
- IL 049-0108 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51169 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 16, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- February 3, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 3, 2012: Added by Steve Conro