Beech Street Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #224490
First house south of bridge along ravine was used in the famous Ferrari through the glass window scene in John Hughes 1980's film "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"
- Beam bridge over Ravine on Beech Street
- Highland Park, Lake County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1957.
Length of largest span: 41.0 ft.
Total length: 125.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.17400, -87.78508 (decimal degrees)
42°10'26" N, 87°47'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/435158/4669394 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Highland Park
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 049-6568 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51177 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 42.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 25, 2018: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- February 3, 2012: Added by Steve Conro