Long Grove Covered Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #224453
Faux wood covering original pony truss bridge
- 1906 pony truss bridge with modern wooden superstructure over Buffalo Creek on Robert Parker Coffin Road in Long Grove
- Long Grove, Lake County, Illinois
- Original pony truss reopened
- Built 1906; wooden roof and substructure added 1972 to make it a "covered bridge," rehabilitated 1981
- - Joliet Bridge & Iron Co. of Joliet, Illinois
- Metal half-hip pin-connected Pratt pony truss with side walkway. Fake wooden roof covering added.
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 41.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.3 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 9.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 11, 2018
- Also called
- Robert Parker Coffin Road Bridge
Buffalo Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.17749, -87.99968 (decimal degrees)
42°10'39" N, 87°59'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/417438/4669966 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 43 N., R. 11 E., Sec. 30
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 049-7150 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15425 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 27.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 9, 2018: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- July 8, 2018: Updated by Art Suckewer: updated status
- June 28, 2018: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Correctiojns to record based on newspaper articles
- July 4, 2017: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Nominated for National Register but with date of construuction differing from NBI data
- April 3, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added category "Faux Covered Bridge"
- February 3, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- January 17, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Changed name to what locals call it and corrected road name
- May 17, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated GPS and info.