Long Grove Covered Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #224453
Faux wood covering over old truss bridge
- Truss bridge over Buffalo Creek on Robert Parker Coffin Road in Long Grove
- Long Grove, Lake County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Nominated by county for National Register, with claim pony span was built 1906 by Joliet Bridge & Iron Co.; NBI states 1925, however
- Built 1925; rehabilitated 1981
- - Joliet Bridge & Iron Co. of Joliet, Illinois (National Register nomination alleges Joliet Bridge & Iron Co. built bridge in 1906; this conflicts with National Bridge Inventory data)
- Metal half-hip pin-connected Pratt pony truss. Fake wooden covering added.
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 41.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.3 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 9.7 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Robert Parker Coffin Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.17749, -87.99968 (decimal degrees)
42°10'39" N, 87°59'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/417438/4669966 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 049-7150 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15425 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2012)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 28.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2000)
- July 4, 2017: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Nominated for National Register but with date of construuction differing from NBI data
- April 3, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added category "Faux Covered Bridge"
- February 3, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- January 17, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Changed name to what locals call it and corrected road name
- May 17, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated GPS and info.