Walden Lane Bridge No. 2
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #224633
One of 3 bridges that remain from "Walden", the former country estate of Cyrus H. McCormick, Jr.
- Steel arch bridge over Walden ravine on Walden Lane in Lake Forest
- Lake Forest, Lake County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1914; rehabilitated 1995
- Steel arch
Length of largest span: 48.8 ft.
Total length: 61.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.23292, -87.82058 (decimal degrees)
42°13'59" N, 87°49'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/432289/4675963 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Highland Park
- Average daily traffic (as of 2000)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 049-6860 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15433 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2012)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 87.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com