Walden Lane Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #224638
One of 3 bridges remaining from "Walden", the former country estate of Cyrus H. McCormick, Jr.
- Steel arch bridge over Walden ravine on Walden Lane in Lake Forest
- Lake Forest, Lake County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1914; rehabilitated 1995
- Steel arch
Length of largest span: 84.9 ft.
Total length: 118.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.23306, -87.82142 (decimal degrees)
42°13'59" N, 87°49'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/432220/4675979 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Highland Park
- Average daily traffic (as of 2000)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 049-6859 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15432 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2012)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 87.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com