South Deere Park Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #224463
Interesting note the spelling of "Deere" park as in John Deere not like the animal deer. Couldn't find a connection. Wondered if there was a story here.
- Arch bridge over a small ravine on South Deere Park Drive in Highland Park
- Highland Park, Lake County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1928, restored in 1994
- Concrete Arch
Length of largest span: 32.1 ft.
Total length: 43.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.15349, -87.76151 (decimal degrees)
42°09'13" N, 87°45'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/437085/4667098 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Highland Park
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 049-6584 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15431 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 85.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 3, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Photos, corrected GPS