IR - Fox River Bridge
Rock Island Fox River
Photo taken by Steve Conro
BH Photo #218346
Bridge once had two truss spans. A Whipple Deck Truss and a Pratt Deck Truss. The whipple was replaced with I-Beam Spans
- Pratt deck truss bridge over Fox River on Illinois Railway West of Sheridan
- Sheridan, LaSalle County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Burlington Northern Railroad (BN)
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (CBQ)
- Illinois Railway (IR)
- Combination Pratt Deck Truss & Steel Stringer with Timber Stringer approach. Length was approximated.
Originally featured a Whipple deck truss.
Length of largest span: 155.0 ft.
Total length: 448.0 ft.
- Also called
- Sheridan Railroad Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.52913, -88.69538 (decimal degrees)
41°31'45" N, 88°41'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/358560/4598885 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49883 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 10, 2017: New photo from Luke
- August 16, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- June 29, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Illinois Railway"
- October 26, 2011: Updated by Steve Conro: Name corrected per David Eikes
- October 25, 2011: New Street View added by Cliff Darby
- October 24, 2011: New photos from Steve Conro
- October 23, 2011: Added by Steve Conro