BNSF - Spoon River Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in June 2015
BH Photo #327968
Massive 2 track through truss. I can't over state how huge the frame members were on this structure. Its a marvel of early engineering.
- Through truss bridge over Spoon RIver on BNSF Railway
- Dahinda, Knox County, Illinois
- Built 1910
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 230.0 ft.
Total length: 440.0 ft.
- Also called
- BNSF Dahinda Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.92563, -90.10691 (decimal degrees)
40°55'32" N, 90°06'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/743601/4534531 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 67491 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 12, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- July 19, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- July 8, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- June 10, 2015: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: refined design-to do list
- June 9, 2015: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "BNSF Railway", "Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway"
- May 10, 2015: Added by Steve Conro
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com