Photo taken by Steve Conro in October 2011
BH Photo #218279
Millbrook Bridge - Dark Ambient Soundscape.
(Drone study of bridge. The drone is actually flown through the bridge, giving good closeup views.)
YouTube user Scarakus
Former Whitfield Road bridge, bypassed by modern bridge and road configuration.
Bridge is in a very scenic location in the Kendall County Shuh Shuh Gah Forest Preserve. It was popular for fishing and for wedding photography, until it was closed to pedestrians in 2015. Masonry west pier is crumbling.
West span is different design than center and east spans.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Fox River on former alignment of Whitfield Road
- Millbrook, Kendall County, Illinois
- Closed and barracaded
- Future prospects
- Demolition bid rejected as too high. Meeting February 18, 2020 to decide next step.
- Built 1897. Bypassed by a new bridge in 1984; closed to pedestrians 2015
- Pratt through truss
Total length: 500.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.60674, -88.56190 (decimal degrees)
41°36'24" N, 88°33'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/369851/4607293 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
BH 46860 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 16, 2020: Updated by Roger Deschner: Added video, photos. Bridge now closed to pedestrians.
- February 13, 2020: New photo from Art Suckewer
- December 22, 2018: New photo from Steve Conro
- February 20, 2018: New Street View added by Luke
- June 24, 2017: New photos from Steve Conro
- January 15, 2012: New photo from Steve Conro
- November 9, 2010: Added by James Baughn