Adam Street Bridge
New Replacement Bridge
At least they made an effort to make it look the same.
Photo taken by Steve Conro in January 2012
Give the city some credit here. They at least made an effort to make the new bridge in the spirit of the old one.
- Lost Pony truss bridge over Waubansee Creek on Adam St in Oswego
- Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois
- Replaced by new bridge
- Replaced in 1997
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 28.9 ft.
Total length: 29.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.68569, -88.35233 (decimal degrees)
41°41'08" N, 88°21'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/387452/4615763 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Aurora South
- Inventory numbers
- IL 047-6300 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 38643 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/1991)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 17.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1984)
- January 15, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Photo's of new bridge
- January 25, 2009: Added by Kim Harvey