Adam Street Bridge
New Replacement Bridge
At least they made an effort to make it look the same.
Photo taken by Steve Conro in January 2012
BH Photo #223357
Give the city some credit here. They at least made an effort to make the new bridge in the spirit of the old one.
- Lost Pony truss bridge over Waubansee Creek on Adam St in Oswego
- Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois
- Replaced by new bridge
- Replaced in 1997
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 28.9 ft.
Total length: 29.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.68569, -88.35233 (decimal degrees)
41°41'08" N, 88°21'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/387452/4615763 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Aurora South
- Inventory numbers
- IL 047-6300 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 38643 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/1991)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 17.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1984)
- January 15, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Photo's of new bridge
- January 25, 2009: Added by Kim Harvey