Island Park North Bridge (old)
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #226880
Original Herrington Island bought by the city of Geneva in 1914 as a park for $2500. This Art Deco style bridge was built in 1931 by the Wilson Bros. firm of Geneva. August and Oscar Wilson studied under Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Concrete through girder bridge over Fox River E Channel Island Park on Fox River Bike Trail in Geneva
- Geneva, Kane County, Illinois
- Built in 1931 by the local Wilson Bros. Due to be replaced in 2012
- - Wilson Bros of Geneva, Illinois
- Concrete through girder
Length of largest span: 38.0 ft.
Total length: 182.5 ft.
Deck width: 8.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.88618, -88.30191 (decimal degrees)
41°53'10" N, 88°18'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/391985/4637958 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51610 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 23, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge has been demolished.
- March 5, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Concrete inset railing"