Copley Island Park Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in January 2012
BH Photo #225067
Happened across this "bridge" when shooting the BNSF/EJ&E bridges. Not sure of its history. The park its in is called Copley Island but there's no trace that this was an island. The one side has been filled in but from the other side you can tell its a bridge. Its definitely old. Concrete is the old rough type like bridge from the early 1900's.
- Slab bridge over ditch on park entrance road
- Aurora, Kane County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
Total length: 16.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.74874, -88.33581 (decimal degrees)
41°44'55" N, 88°20'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/388935/4622742 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Aurora South
- Land survey
- T. 38 N., R. 8 E., Sec. 28
- Inventory number
- BH 51231 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 8, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- February 8, 2012: Added by Steve Conro
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com