Island Park South Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
Original Herrington Island bought by the city of Geneva in 1914 as a park for $2500. This bridge was built in the mid 1930's as a WPA project along the stone retaining walls.
- Comcrete arch bridge over Fox River E Channel Island Park on Fox River Bike Trail in Geneva
- Geneva, Kane County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians
- Built in trhe mid 1930's as WPA project
- - Works Progress Administration
- 3 span concrete arch with stone facing
Total length: 60.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.88209, -88.30319 (decimal degrees)
41°52'56" N, 88°18'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/391873/4637506 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 51606 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 5, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Removed category "WPA"