I-88 Fox River Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in December 2011
BH Photo #221436
NBI shows 1958 build date for the original open spandrel bridge. It was replaced 2008-2010 with a design evoking the original arches. Original 1958 piers reused in 2010 for new westbound span.
- Open-spandrel arch bridge over Fox River, Grant St, IL25, BNSF Spur on Interstate-88
- North Aurora, Kane County, Illinois
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1958 , replaced in 2008
- Pair of open-spandrel arch bridges
Length of largest span: 178.5 ft.
Total length: 1,338.6 ft.
Deck width: 71.5 ft.
- Also called
- Regan Memorial Hwy Fox River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.79626, -88.31997 (decimal degrees)
41°47'47" N, 88°19'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/390334/4627997 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Aurora North
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 045-9938 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 50445 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2012)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 61 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 7, 2013: Updated by Roger Deschner: Added photos
- June 19, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Updated history based on NBI info and state website.
- December 6, 2011: Added by Steve Conro
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com