DM&E - Almarda Rail Crossing
Photo taken by Steve Conro in October 2011
BH Photo #218912
Former Milwaukee Road (Chicago, Milwaukee, St Paul & Pacific)
- Deck girder bridge over Union Pacific Railroad on Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern Railway
- Kane County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad (DME)
- Iowa, Chicago & Eastern Railroad (ICE)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Pony/Deck girder 2 track bridge
Length of largest span: 55.0 ft.
Total length: 133.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW/CNW Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.06136, -88.35211 (decimal degrees)
42°03'41" N, 88°21'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/388128/4657473 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49950 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 20, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- September 9, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Dakota, Minnesota, and Eastern Railroad", "Union Pacific Railroad", "Iowa, Chicago, and Eastern Railroad"
- April 11, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Curved"
- October 29, 2011: Added by Steve Conro