Abandoned CNW - Fox River Bridge
Originally built 1879 at an unknown location, later relocated to Glen, Nebraska; again relocated to current location in 1924.
- Abandoned lattice through truss bridge over Fox River in Carpentersville on C&NW RR
- Carpentersville, Kane County, Illinois
- Built 1924, Using a Relocated Truss
- - Leighton Bridge & Iron Works of Rochester, New York
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Lattice through truss. Curved steel stringer SW approach nearly 500' long
Length of largest span: 105.0 ft.
Total length: 615.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.11049, -88.29058 (decimal degrees)
42°06'38" N, 88°17'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/393301/4662849 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 48253 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 20, 2017: Updated by John Marvig: Added Information from C&NW Bridge Records
- June 24, 2017: New photos from Steve Conro
- August 21, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- March 29, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added build date from C&NW Annual Report
- February 24, 2015: Photo imported by Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- October 8, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- October 18, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Addded categories
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- January 28, 2012: New photo from Steve Conro
- February 25, 2011: Added by Nathan Holth