CN - Galena River Bridge
CN Galena River Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in December 2012
BH Photo #246623
A 1913 township map shows this as having been a draw bridge. In days past the Galena River was wide enough to allow river boat traffic up from the Mississippi to dock at Galena.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Galena River on Canadian National in Galena
- Galena, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- built 1976
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- 4 span Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 302.0 ft.
- Also called
- Illinois Central Bridge #W165.7
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.40882, -90.43091 (decimal degrees)
42°24'32" N, 90°25'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/711404/4698366 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 54322 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 5, 2018: New photos from John Marvig
- January 11, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- December 10, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- November 6, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Canadian National Railway", "Illinois Central Railroad"